- Live Session
Equity expert Michael Lowe will share five ways to celebrate American history from the perspective of people of color throughout the year. You will learn how to use and move beyond Black History Month.
What You'll Learn
- What actions can you take to be intentional in teaching about culture and experiences from the perspective of people of color?
- Why was Black History Month created?
- Why do some people oppose its celebration?
- How can you eliminate the invisible tax that educators of color face in schools when they choose to teach about Black history outside of February?
- How can you dismantle the myths behind the legacy of the enslaved?