Education law expert Rick Verstegen will guide you through developing a legally compliant dress code. You will learn what provisions to include and which to avoid.
What You'll Learn
- How have dress codes evolved?
- Can you impose a mandatory dress code based on gender?
- What key provisions allow school boards to set rules for student dress?
- How do First Amendment freedoms affect your dress code?
- Can you restrict disruptive clothing? What defines “disruptive”?
- How do Title IX and other anti-discrimination laws relate to the dress code?
- What pitfalls and best practices do recent court cases reveal?
- How should you address student and parent objections to dress code violations?