Early childhood education expert Bweikia Steen will discuss research related to the preschool-to-prison pipeline, specifically focusing on African American girls. You will learn practices to promote positive social-emotional and academic development during the early years.
What You'll Learn
- What does research reveal about young, Black females’ challenges?
- What developmentally appropriate strategies will help African American girls?
- How can the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework help?
- What steps can you take to counter the preschool-to-prison pipeline?
- What practices should you use to promote social-emotional development?
- Why is it essential to intervene quickly while students are young?
- How does adultification harm your students?
- What roles should administrators and teachers play to solve this problem?