Renowned author and educational consultant Hedreich Nichols will show you how to integrate “Who else was there?” into your lessons, allowing students to take ownership of their learning about diverse players. You will discover new ways to amplify student voices, develop media literacy skills, and promote inquiry-based learning.
What You'll Learn
- What are centered and non-centered narratives?
- Where can you find traditionally non-centered narratives?
- How can you use inquiry to drive the search for hidden stories?
- How should you prepare your learning community for diverse narratives?
- How can you navigate community conversations around diverse stories?