LGBTQI+ advocate Kim Brady will convey case studies, share personal anecdotes, and provide tools you can use to create a safe space for students, families, and colleagues.
- Why do LGBTQ+ individuals have to navigate safety daily?
- What are the assumptions of heterosexuality and heteronormative behaviors?
- How do stereotypes and the power of language influence students?
- How have terms, labels, and language changed?
- How do sexual identity and gender identity differ?
- How has the pandemic increased abuse, suicidality, and homelessness?
- What are the red flags for mental health concerns?
- How can you recognize shame?
- What specific steps can you take to create a safe space?