Expert Melissa Carleton will talk about privacy compliance in a way that both follows the law and your institution’s ethic of care. You will learn how to treat students’ information consistently with your mission and in accordance with FERPA.
What You'll Learn
- What is an educational record?
- What isn’t an educational record?
- What rights does a student have to review and inspect their educational records?
- What rights do the parents of college/university students have?
- What must be included in a FERPA release form?
- When personally identifiable information can you release without consent?
- What situations qualify as a “health and safety emergency”?
- When can a student request an amendment to their educational records?