- Live Session
- Best Seller
Higher education attorney Melissa Carleton will talk about privacy compliance in a way that follows the law and your institution’s ethic of care. You will learn how to treat students’ information consistently with your mission and in accordance with FERPA.
What You'll Learn
- What is and what isn’t an educational record?
- Are photos and videos protected by FERPA?
- What rights does a student have to review and inspect their educational records?
- What rights do the parents of college/university students have?
- What must a FERPA release form include?
- When personally identifiable information can you release without consent?
- What situations qualify as a “health and safety emergency”?
- When can a student request an amendment to their educational records?