Award-winning educator Rodney D. Pierce will teach you how to instruct students with equitable content while navigating this political minefield in the classroom. You will learn from his challenges as an unapologetic Black male history teacher in the rural South.
What You'll Learn
- What is critical race theory? What is its history?
- How was critical race theory turned into an education boogeyman?
- What does culturally responsive teaching (another CRT) entail?
- How do diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and critical race theory differ?
- What specific resources can you use to supplement your instruction?
- What American history lessons can you use to gauge the temperature of your school community?